Critical MeMe

Time spent watching films, even crappy ones, is time well-spent.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Oklahoma City, OK, United States
    Post dates are when I watched, parenthetical dates are the year of US release (aka Oscar eligibility).

4/24/2021

The United States vs. Billie Holiday (2020)

Holiday, beloved in American for her unique voice, becomes the focus of a sting operation when she refuses to stop performing her song "Strange Fruit." Because it wasn't illegal to sing a protest song on the subject of lynching, they went after her drug use instead by embedding an undercover agent in her entourage.

The best I can say about this movie is that it's absolutely fine. I can't point to anything really wrong about it, but I was pretty bored. It felt like it hit the same beats over and over.

C+

Labels: , , ,