Critical MeMe

Time spent watching films, even crappy ones, is time well-spent.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Oklahoma City, OK, United States
    Post dates are when I watched, parenthetical dates are the year of US release (aka Oscar eligibility).

8/07/2021

Pet Sematary (2019)

City doctor moves his family to a small town and a home with land so that they can slow down a bit. But that's not really in the cards for them.

The book is terrifying -- it literally scared me to tears when I was in college. This movie is just a collection of jump scares and nonsensical supernatural elements. I don't want their house to be haunted and for a random kid who died in the doctor's clinic to refuse to leave him alone. I want the cemetery to be the only thing that's scary here. Isn't that enough?

D

Labels: , , ,