Critical MeMe

Time spent watching films, even crappy ones, is time well-spent.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Oklahoma City, OK, United States
    Post dates are when I watched, parenthetical dates are the year of US release (aka Oscar eligibility).

11/25/2021

Spencer (2021)

I really dislike unreliable narration -- that feeling of "is this real or fantasy?" just frustrates me and takes me out of the story. Since this whole film relies on that off-balance feeling, I could not get into it. It's a vast improvement over Jackie, the director's earlier Oscar bait, but that's not enough to recommend it.

I do watch "The Crown," and it occurred to me that I could've been rather lost if I didn't have that show informing me here. For example, because of that show, I know that Diana suffered from bulimia -- that she wasn't simply sick from nervousness at the stress of this holiday with a group hostile to her.

C

Labels: , , ,