Critical MeMe

Time spent watching films, even crappy ones, is time well-spent.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Oklahoma City, OK, United States
    Post dates are when I watched, parenthetical dates are the year of US release (aka Oscar eligibility).

12/04/2021

The Lodger: A Story of the London Fog (1928)

"The Avenger" is killing blonde women every Tuesday night in London. Could the mysterious young man who shows up to rent a room in the area be the killer? The landlady suspects it could be true. The landlady's daughter is sure it isn't. And the landlady's daughter's boyfriend -- who happens to be the lead investigator on the case -- thinks "huh... he has designs on my gal, so probably."

I put it in my list because it's an early Hitchcock and, as silent movies go, it's fine.

C+

Labels: , , , , ,