Critical MeMe

Time spent watching films, even crappy ones, is time well-spent.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Oklahoma City, OK, United States
    Post dates are when I watched, parenthetical dates are the year of US release (aka Oscar eligibility).

1/29/2022

I Think We're Alone Now (2018)

As the only person left in town, Del has managed to keep himself busy post-apocalypse. He is systematically cleaning up each home and burying the dead, while living in the library where he worked. Grace literally crashes into his life and doesn't want to leave.

I was loving the early scenes because Del was living pretty much the way I think I would be: trying to restore some normalcy to a world turned upside-down. But, when it comes right down to it, very few people are true recluses. Sure, we might prefer solitude in general -- but that's when there's a choice. When it's forced, that messes with your head (which is why solitary confinement is so brutal, I'm guessing). 

Anyway, the offbeat team of Del & Grace is torn apart when Grace's "parents" track her down, which is where the movie takes a turn from good-weird to ugh-weird. At first I was excited about there being more people, but what's going on with Dad and Mom is unnecessarily convoluted & took the whole story down a few notches.

C+

Labels: , , , ,