Critical MeMe

Time spent watching films, even crappy ones, is time well-spent.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Oklahoma City, OK, United States
    Post dates are when I watched, parenthetical dates are the year of US release (aka Oscar eligibility).

1/01/2022

Pickpockets (2018)

A group of young thieves work the streets of Bogota, taking a small cut of what they earn. When a cop manning closed circuit cameras sees their potential, he decides to take a couple of them under his wing and teach them how to steal non-violently. He, of course, has an agenda for creating his own crew of pickpockets.

While I was interested in the situation and the kids themselves, the story got unnecessarily convoluted. I admit that I still don't understand the final score, which involved cockfights, a fire, a bag of winnings, and a pile of fake cash. But the "good guys" seemed to come out on top!

C+ 

Labels: , , ,