Critical MeMe

Time spent watching films, even crappy ones, is time well-spent.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Oklahoma City, OK, United States
    Post dates are when I watched, parenthetical dates are the year of US release (aka Oscar eligibility).

2/20/2022

Banana Split (2020)

April and Nick are a long-time couple who break up at the end of senior year in anticipation of being separated when college starts. When Nick starts dating Clara -- a new girl in town -- April is naturally jealous and angry. But when the two girls realize that they genuinely like each other, things get really complicated.

Boy, I liked this one a lot. Not only was it well-written, beautifully acted and completely believable, but it made me think deeply about the underlying truth of what I was seeing. I mean, how many people have I dismissed simply because it would be weird to hang out with them? And how many of those people could have been kindred spirits? Why on earth has romance so often gotten in the way of potential friendships?

A-

Labels: , , ,