Critical MeMe

Time spent watching films, even crappy ones, is time well-spent.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Oklahoma City, OK, United States
    Post dates are when I watched, parenthetical dates are the year of US release (aka Oscar eligibility).

6/20/2022

Old (2021)

Vacationers are sent to a beautiful secluded beach which quickly becomes terrifying when they discover 1) a corpse, 2) that they can't leave, and 3) that they're rapidly aging as well. And, though it isn't part of the story (as far as I can tell), they also seem to be regressing when it comes to their acting abilities. 

It's so hilariously stupid. I mean, I laughed and laughed at the kids growing up, fucking, becoming parents and then quickly losing their child to starvation within minutes... and I'm fairly certain that wasn't meant to give anyone the giggles. But, seriously, an infant starves in literal minutes but a hamper of food sustains most of the group for what amounts to 30+ years. What the hell even is this? 

Even one of Shyamalan's trademark TWISTs can't save this trainwreck.

F

Labels: , , , ,