Critical MeMe

Time spent watching films, even crappy ones, is time well-spent.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Oklahoma City, OK, United States
    Post dates are when I watched, parenthetical dates are the year of US release (aka Oscar eligibility).

1/02/2023

Emily the Criminal (2022)

Emily has had several tough breaks over the last few years. She now finds herself struggling to pay her bills, working a low-wage job, with a half-finished college degree, and sharing a small apartment with a couple of other people. When one of her co-workers hooks her up with a number she can call to make $200 for an hour of work, it's a no-brainer for Emily to dial.

The scariest thing about this is that I probably would've called the number too, especially back in my late 20s/early 30s. The best thing about this is that Plaza had me rooting for her challenging character.

B

Labels: , , , ,