Critical MeMe

Time spent watching films, even crappy ones, is time well-spent.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Kansas City, MO, United States
    Post dates are when I watched, parenthetical dates are the year of US release (aka Oscar eligibility).

9/20/2024

Mister America (2019)

After representing himself in a mass murder trial which resulted in a hung jury, Tim Heidecker decides to run to unseat the San Bernardino District Attorney who prosecuted him. He's not a resident, he's not a lawyer, he hasn't done his due diligence to even get on the ballot, and he's got no political experience. But he's got a film crew following him around and a woman who believes in him (and, more crucially, foots the bills).

I had no idea what was going on here, so I did a little research. Heidecker has this whole web of shows and media -- including the "On Cinema" podcast mentioned in the movie -- and this character has evolved from that. Maybe if I had been in the know I might've liked this a bit? Based on how unfunny my ignorant self found every bit of what I saw, I doubt it's likely, but I'm willing to consider it a possibility.

D

Labels: , ,