Critical MeMe

Time spent watching films, even crappy ones, is time well-spent.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Oklahoma City, OK, United States
    Post dates are when I watched, parenthetical dates are the year of US release (aka Oscar eligibility).

8/11/2020

Contagion (2011)

I know I'm not the only one who thought "middle of a global pandemic is the perfect time to watch a movie about a global pandemic." And, wow. It's amazing just how prescient this film is. Social distancing protocols, stay at home orders, living room proms, and assholes who refuse to follow the rules -- even the simple act of covering their mouths when coughing.

The production has no problem killing off actors who'd usually be miraculously spared, yet that seemed to be more about honesty than a scare tactic. I'm just very impressed with its restraint and its ability to see a decade into the future.

B+

Labels: , , , ,