Critical MeMe

Time spent watching films, even crappy ones, is time well-spent.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Oklahoma City, OK, United States
    Post dates are when I watched, parenthetical dates are the year of US release (aka Oscar eligibility).

12/05/2022

Bros (2022)

Bros wants to be a "different" LGBTQ+ film -- one that doesn't homogenize their lifestyle to be palatable to the masses. And, while that's fine, it still needs to be relatable enough to break through and make a difference. For the first chunk of the film, I thought they were failing miserably and I wondered if I was gonna be one of the wet blankets who just didn't enjoy this film.

Happily, it gets a bit less "niche" and more human as the story progresses. What I saw as the emptiness of hookup culture eventually also gets old for the protagonists.

C+

Labels: , , ,