Critical MeMe

Time spent watching films, even crappy ones, is time well-spent.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Oklahoma City, OK, United States
    Post dates are when I watched, parenthetical dates are the year of US release (aka Oscar eligibility).

12/02/2022

All My Friends Are Dead (2021)

I was hooked from the first few moments: a rookie detective and his jaded partner walk into a house in which a few dozen 20-somethings have been massacred. Their repartee coupled with the carnage set an interesting tone and I was looking forward to spending time with them as they unraveled what went down. 

Unfortunately, those few moments were about all we got with the detectives because we're immediately pushed into a flashback which takes up the rest of the movie and shows us exactly what happened. And what happened isn't all that interesting and the people to whom it happened are even less so.

C-

Labels: , , ,