Critical MeMe

Time spent watching films, even crappy ones, is time well-spent.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Oklahoma City, OK, United States
    Post dates are when I watched, parenthetical dates are the year of US release (aka Oscar eligibility).

2/20/2024

Bottoms (2023)

A couple of high school lesbian outcasts come up with a plan to start a self-defense club as a way to spend time with (and hopefully bang) some cheerleaders. It's a super funny premise surrounded by so much awkwardness that I almost couldn't see the comedy for all of the cringe. Up until the final 30 minutes or so, the scenes felt improvised by amateurs. 

Honestly -- and I know I'm in a teeny tiny minority here -- I am unimpressed with both Rachel Sennott and Ayo Edebiri as actors. Though they both seem awesome and fun as people, I can't find the talent in their work.

C-

Labels: , ,