Critical MeMe

Time spent watching films, even crappy ones, is time well-spent.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Oklahoma City, OK, United States
    Post dates are when I watched, parenthetical dates are the year of US release (aka Oscar eligibility).

4/04/2002

The Bad and the Beautiful (1952)

I am crazy for Kirk Douglas and movies about movies. Hey! How could I miss by checking out this movie about the movies STARRING Kirk Douglas? Not quite up there with All About Eve, but it's darn close.

I thought "isn't that just like life" after watching it; it's a great parable. The heartless producer who uses people for his own ends, but those he's used emerge the better for their affiliation. If only we could divorce ourselves from the hurt pride and hurt feelings and immediately expose the gems left behind by all experiences, we'd be able to die right there, for we'd have nothing else to learn.

A

Labels: , , ,