Critical MeMe

Time spent watching films, even crappy ones, is time well-spent.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Oklahoma City, OK, United States
    Post dates are when I watched, parenthetical dates are the year of US release (aka Oscar eligibility).

4/27/2002

Gates of Heaven (1980)

Supposedly about pet cemetery patrons, but veers off into the boring, petty lives of the cemetery owners. Maybe if I believed in a doggie heaven I'd be more into these pathetic stories...but I seriously doubt it.

I'll just go on record as saying that I think Morris lucked out on "The Thin Blue Line." He has no concept of the difference between "interesting" and "mind-bogglingly boring," choosing static shots of nonsensical images to focus on at length, often with no dialogue to soften the stare-time. Ugh.

D

Labels: , ,