Critical MeMe

Time spent watching films, even crappy ones, is time well-spent.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Oklahoma City, OK, United States
    Post dates are when I watched, parenthetical dates are the year of US release (aka Oscar eligibility).

7/08/2002

Yi Yi (2000)

Took a while to get acclimated and able to recognize the large cast. I never did get all of the relationships straightened out. I think if they had given us a bit of biographical dialogue instead of dropping us into the middle of things and expecting us to just "catch on," the film wouldn't have had to be 3 hours long. But, if they did that, I would have just seen a story rather than experienced the lives of those involved. It really allowed me to get into it and decide how I felt about the characters instead of accepting the filmmaker's dictum about what to feel. I may have to view this again before I’m sure of how I feel.

B

Labels: , ,