Critical MeMe

Time spent watching films, even crappy ones, is time well-spent.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Oklahoma City, OK, United States
    Post dates are when I watched, parenthetical dates are the year of US release (aka Oscar eligibility).

1/27/2004

Something's Gotta Give (2003)

I had to go to the bathroom so badly during the end of this film that the second the credits started rolling up, I was out of my seat and running up the aisle -- no matter that Jack & Diane were still on-screen. This was a marathon of a film…and it didn't earn its length through entertainment. Jack seems to sleepwalk throughout and I felt that the girl wound up with the wrong guy in the end -- I hate it when romantic comedies don't give me what I want! I sure as hell don't go to them for realism...what I want is a perfect fantasy!

Diane Keaton, as ever, is an immensely likeable actress -- though not a very good one. I'm frankly shocked that they gave her the Golden Globe for this over-the-top performance.

C

Labels: , , , ,