Critical MeMe

Time spent watching films, even crappy ones, is time well-spent.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Oklahoma City, OK, United States
    Post dates are when I watched, parenthetical dates are the year of US release (aka Oscar eligibility).

4/01/2005

The Heiress (1949)

Emotional, believable, and terrible…up until the last couple of scenes. Doesn't really ruin the movie - but to have the heroine take petty pleasure in revenge felt untrue. She could have taken her revenge while sobbing over it inside…or been tempted but, at the last moment, realizing that she couldn't fool herself for the rest of her life...either of those would've felt more in keeping with what we've seen from her.

Still, I liked the movie and my heart broke along with hers as she realized he wasn't coming (I was still unsure of his intentions at that point).

B+

Labels: , , , ,