Critical MeMe

Time spent watching films, even crappy ones, is time well-spent.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Oklahoma City, OK, United States
    Post dates are when I watched, parenthetical dates are the year of US release (aka Oscar eligibility).

10/17/2005

My Summer of Love (2005)

Two bored girls -- one working-class, the other pampered -- strike up an intense relationship over the course of a summer. I was caught up in their journey, but was unable to understand why Mona (the poorer) would trust a self-described "bad influence" like the spoiled Tamsin. I was worried on her behalf through most of the movie, just waiting for the other shoe to drop.

The secondary story -- that of Mona's bad-seed brother finding Jesus and converting their home/pub into a place of worship -- is the stronger, in my opinion. It had to do with someone fooling himself rather than being taken for a ride.

B

Labels: , , , ,