Critical MeMe

Time spent watching films, even crappy ones, is time well-spent.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Oklahoma City, OK, United States
    Post dates are when I watched, parenthetical dates are the year of US release (aka Oscar eligibility).

11/30/2005

The Rose Tattoo (1955)

Woman lets herself go completely to seed after the husband she worshipped (undeservedly) dies. Somehow an idiot drunk shakes her out of her pity-party by making it known that he'd like to grope her at the earliest opportunity.

It seemed like half of the dialogue was screechy arguments (ugh) and Lancaster acted like a complete buffoon -- and not in an endearing way. It made me a little sick that our heroine was settling for such a complete loser.

I was genuinely surprised to discover that this is a Tennessee Williams play because it's not nearly as nasty as I find most of his work to be. But just 'cause it's not nasty doesn't mean I have to like it.

C

Labels: , , , , ,