Critical MeMe

Time spent watching films, even crappy ones, is time well-spent.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Oklahoma City, OK, United States
    Post dates are when I watched, parenthetical dates are the year of US release (aka Oscar eligibility).

3/25/2006

The 40 Year-Old Virgin (2005)

I'm sure I'm one of the last to see this one...

Steve Carell is charming. I liked the "buddy" dynamic the co-workers shared -- reminded me a bit of Clueless in that, once they determined to make a project out of Andy, they couldn't get enough of him. There were quite a few scenes where I laughed so hard I hurt (condom scene especially, I'm slightly mortified to admit).

Somehow I wound up disappointed, though. It was enjoyable, but not the "movie of the year" I'd been prepped to experience. It's not even my top pick for comedy of the year -- so far I'd go with Kung Fu Hustle for that title.

B-

Labels: , , ,