Critical MeMe

Time spent watching films, even crappy ones, is time well-spent.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Oklahoma City, OK, United States
    Post dates are when I watched, parenthetical dates are the year of US release (aka Oscar eligibility).

11/09/2006

Cars (2006)

I had the same feeling during this film as I did when I watched The Incredibles -- yeah, it's good. But it's no Toy Story. It's sweet but there are zero surprises in the character development area...which, frankly, is as it should be in a movie like this.

Springfield is a Route 66 city and, so, I was especially touched by the storyline of how our go-go lifestyles are destroying our physical history. That, to me, was the most affecting part of the movie. I mean, talking cars are cute, but they pale in comparison to the truth of our decaying towns starving for visitors.

B

Labels: , , , ,