Critical MeMe

Time spent watching films, even crappy ones, is time well-spent.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Oklahoma City, OK, United States
    Post dates are when I watched, parenthetical dates are the year of US release (aka Oscar eligibility).

1/19/2007

Memento (2000)

We were hit by a terrible ice storm that knocked out our power (and most of the city's) for 12 days, so we were sleeping in the sanctuary at the church for which I work when we watched this. As crappy as it was to not be cozy at home -- it was pretty cool to have our own private theater with big screen and surround-sound and lots of room to spread out.

This was the fourth time I've seen this film and while I can't say it gets better with each viewing, I can definitely say it's just as good every time. I've never been interested in watching it backward (or the "correct" order) as I know some of the special edition discs allow; it's absolutely brilliant as edited. As much as I usually hate being confused, it's the only sensible way to go here. I just don't think it would work if we weren't every bit as "in the dark" as our no-short-term-memory hero.

A+

Labels: , , , ,