Critical MeMe

Time spent watching films, even crappy ones, is time well-spent.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Oklahoma City, OK, United States
    Post dates are when I watched, parenthetical dates are the year of US release (aka Oscar eligibility).

12/22/2006

World Trade Center (2006)

For the first time in my life, I was suffering through insomnia. There were three nights running during which I never managed to get more than 20 minutes of sleep at a time. On the third night of this torture, I stumbled in the living room and popped this DVD in. I seriously can't beLIEVE it didn't put me to sleep right away. It's certainly mind-numbing enough.

I think that if this were fiction rather than "based on a true story" about the WTC attacks, no one would pretend to like it. It's overly sentimental and boring for long stretches.

C-

Labels: , , ,