Critical MeMe

Time spent watching films, even crappy ones, is time well-spent.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Oklahoma City, OK, United States
    Post dates are when I watched, parenthetical dates are the year of US release (aka Oscar eligibility).

6/25/2007

5 Fingers (1952)

This true story is based on "Operation Cicero," recounted by L.M. Moyzisch in his memoir of the same name. "Cicero" was the code name given to a spy selling British secrets to the Nazis in Turkey during World War II and Moyzisch was the German contact.

It's competent enough. The actors are good. Feels a bit too polished and stiff to get the blood pumping though and I was never hoping for one faction to "win" over the other. Cicero wasn't likable enough to root for and the British were a bit too self-satisfied for me to care much about the fact that they were being cuckolded by the ambassador's manservant.

I'd probably have liked this a bit more if I'd not seen the far superior, but similarly-themed, Breach so recently.

B-

Labels: , , , , ,