Critical MeMe

Time spent watching films, even crappy ones, is time well-spent.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Oklahoma City, OK, United States
    Post dates are when I watched, parenthetical dates are the year of US release (aka Oscar eligibility).

8/11/2007

Looking for Kitty (2006)

I'm not much of an Edward Burns fan, but this movie really worked for me. The rapport between the two actors was super -- completely believable after a rather worrisome start. David Krumholtz's character seemed as though he was going to be a stereotypical "clueless boob from out of town in the big city," but he settles in pretty quickly.

Just a nice, easygoing vibe and a satisfying story that felt like a slice-of-life. I'm pretty surprised this was delayed for a couple of years after production. It's a shame.

B

Labels: , , ,