Critical MeMe

Time spent watching films, even crappy ones, is time well-spent.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Oklahoma City, OK, United States
    Post dates are when I watched, parenthetical dates are the year of US release (aka Oscar eligibility).

10/12/2007

Scream (1996)

My annual "the guys are camping" movie marathon was almost thwarted this year by the fact that the guys decided not to go camping. The next best thing I could think of was to push them out of the house anyway so that I could have a girls' movie night with my sister and her daughter.

Since it was near Halloween, we decided to go for horror movies and thrillers -- and what better way to start than the lightweight Scream? My niece had never seen it and I was excited to see it again.

Unfortunately, this is a movie that apparently doesn't hold up to repeat viewings very well. The "whodunit" aspect is spoiled and since I wasn't trying to figure out what was going on, I was free to focus on the wooden acting (Skeet Ulrich and Rose McGowan were offenders in this category) and the pacing weaknesses.

Still, pretty fun and not bad as an "ease into them" scary movie.

B-

Labels: , , ,