Critical MeMe

Time spent watching films, even crappy ones, is time well-spent.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Oklahoma City, OK, United States
    Post dates are when I watched, parenthetical dates are the year of US release (aka Oscar eligibility).

1/14/2008

The Bourne Ultimatum (2007)

I liked the first one a lot, was irritated no end by the second one's camera work, and rather enjoyed myself this time around. So what was the difference between the two I liked and the one I didn't? I believe it's the fact that installments 1 & 3 were viewed in my living room while #2 was seen in the theater, where the camera insanity was physically experienced in the same way that I felt every stomach lurching movement in that IMAX roller coaster movie I used to love when I was a girl visiting Circus World.

Soon after this movie started, I said "when there's a break, I'm gonna get myself a snack." Fifteen minutes later, I was still hungry -- that's how fast-paced the action was. I still think that the camera work hurt rather than enhanced some of the scenes, though. There was a particular hand-to-hand fight scene that was so inventive that I wished the camera would just pull back a bit and let me SEE it.

B+

Labels: , , , , ,