Critical MeMe

Time spent watching films, even crappy ones, is time well-spent.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Oklahoma City, OK, United States
    Post dates are when I watched, parenthetical dates are the year of US release (aka Oscar eligibility).

2/29/2008

The Darjeeling Limited (2007)

Wes Anderson is starting to feel like a one-not-very-good-trick-pony. Although I flat-out loved The Royal Tenenbaums, the shtick is getting old.

Wes: How 'bout instead of a crazy old house and its eccentric family...we make it a submarine with a researching crew?
Owen Wilson, Anjelica Huston, and Bill Murray: Genius, Wes. We're there.
Wes: Now how 'bout instead of a sub, we make it a train and three dysfunctional brothers on a quest?
OW, AH, and BM: I guess we could do that.
Wes: The next one's gonna be gonna be set in...
OW, AH, BM: We have to check with our agents -- not sure we're free.
Wes: But you haven't even heard the set-up!!
All: Pretty sure we've got the gist.

I was bored to tears and I hated my traveling companions. Anderson does know how to choose a soundtrack, though.

D

Labels: , , , ,