Critical MeMe

Time spent watching films, even crappy ones, is time well-spent.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Oklahoma City, OK, United States
    Post dates are when I watched, parenthetical dates are the year of US release (aka Oscar eligibility).

4/25/2008

Right At Your Door (2007)

The idea of this movie is great: "dirty" bomb goes off in LA making the air of questionable quality. The citizenry is advised to seal themselves indoors, so Brad -- home alone at detonation -- does just that. When Lexi, Brad's wife, stumbles to the door covered in soot and banging to be let in, she personifies the danger out there...and he keeps her right where she is.

So, good premise and decent performances....but. 1) Despite a decently short run-time, it still felt a little stretched out -- though that could have something to do with the fact that it's the first movie I've viewed at the dining room table on my laptop over Netflix's streaming service rather than on my comfy couch. Should that make a difference? 2) I'm sick of characters who put those they purport to love in unnecessary danger out of pride or anger (and I'm talking about Lexi's treatment of Brad -- not the other way around) 3) The twist ending is ridiculous. Come on.

C+

Labels: , , , ,