Critical MeMe

Time spent watching films, even crappy ones, is time well-spent.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Oklahoma City, OK, United States
    Post dates are when I watched, parenthetical dates are the year of US release (aka Oscar eligibility).

9/15/2008

Burn After Reading (2008)

As the credits were rolling, Gary turned to me and asked me what I thought. My immediate reaction was "yeah - pretty entertaining, but weird" while his was a flat "didn't like it."

On the ride home we talked over scenes and what worked and didn't work -- what was surprising and what was just too much and by the time we turned into the drive 10 minutes later, we had effectively switched opinions. He was kinda liking it and I was rather annoyed with it. So I guess I'd have to say that it wasn't special enough for either of us to stick with our respective opinions for more than a few minutes; it wound up a "meh" for us both.

I will say that the reveal of what Clooney's character had been building in the basement was one of the most surprising and gut-busting things I've seen on film in years (don't click if you don't want it spoiled).

C+

Labels: , , , ,