Critical MeMe

Time spent watching films, even crappy ones, is time well-spent.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Oklahoma City, OK, United States
    Post dates are when I watched, parenthetical dates are the year of US release (aka Oscar eligibility).

11/30/2008

The Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants 2 (2008)

I really liked the first one, but this one doesn't measure up. It could've easily been subtitled "Jean-Sharers in Crisis!" Witness:

  • Tibby has a pregnancy scare and breaks up with her boyfriend...because he's too great about it, I think?
  • Lena's Grecian god of a boyfriend quickly marries a hometown girl he thinks he knocked up (two, count 'em TWO, pregnancy scares)
  • Carmen's feeling neglected and it sucks that her new bff is jealously trying to undermine her as lead in a summer play
  • Bridget has parent issues and is, basically, Serena Van Der Woodsen on an archaeology dig.
The bonding trip to Greece feels like a silly stunt -- more Bradys in Hawaii than an organic part of the story. My expectations weren't terribly high, but I was expecting a couple of hours of chick-flick bliss. Instead I just got annoyed.

C

Labels: , , , ,