Critical MeMe

Time spent watching films, even crappy ones, is time well-spent.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Oklahoma City, OK, United States
    Post dates are when I watched, parenthetical dates are the year of US release (aka Oscar eligibility).

1/31/2009

WALL-E (2008)

Good-looking but obvious "stop messing up the planet -- we'll miss it when it's gone" message movie with robots getting all number five is alive with each other. I mean, I can't think of a single logical design explanation for an EVE (Extraterrestrial Vegetation Evaluator) unit having the ability to put on angry eyes like this:

Photobucket

And why does "she" shoot at every noise? She's been sent to find vegetation (i.e. life), so what's with the zap-a-big-ol-blasty-ray-at-the-slightest-rustle programming??

OK, I'll stop posing questions that no one wants to answer and just say that I enjoyed myself quite a bit more once we got to the doughy humans, but I'm pretty sure that wasn't meant to be the touching part of the story.

Not a bad film by any means, but not the masterpiece of storytelling I was expecting either.

B-

Labels: , , , , ,