Critical MeMe

Time spent watching films, even crappy ones, is time well-spent.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Oklahoma City, OK, United States
    Post dates are when I watched, parenthetical dates are the year of US release (aka Oscar eligibility).

1/05/2009

Tell No One (2008)

A tremendous example of taut, yet believable, storytelling. I was tense and confused (without feeling manipulated) up until the very end...well, until almost the very end.

Even the end wasn't bad -- I'm just not a fan of the fact that the "here's what happened" was, basically, a monologue. I'd have much preferred flashblacks to at least accompany the explanation to spice things up and involve us a bit more in what we were hearing. It felt a little like having a donut for dessert after an exotic, meticulously prepared meal. Tasty, but, by that time, I had been conditioned to expect the final act to be as amazing as the rest of it.

Our group contained a grandmother, a teen, and two 40ish moms. All of us praised it highly.

A-

Labels: , , , , ,