Critical MeMe

Time spent watching films, even crappy ones, is time well-spent.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Oklahoma City, OK, United States
    Post dates are when I watched, parenthetical dates are the year of US release (aka Oscar eligibility).

3/14/2009

The Wackness (2007)

I have a favorable residual feeling about this movie, but I can't really say why, exactly. The vibe was very summer-easy and the main character -- a slacker selling weed out of a wheeled frozen-treat cart -- was kind of charming while still being slightly depressing. I did wonder what the point of the film was a few too many times to put this into unquestioned thumbs-up territory, though.

Hmmm. I guess, to sum up, I'm going with "doesn't really go anywhere or have much to say, but there's enough on-screen charm to make the time spent feel as though it wasn't entirely wasted."

C+

Labels: , , , ,