Critical MeMe

Time spent watching films, even crappy ones, is time well-spent.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Oklahoma City, OK, United States
    Post dates are when I watched, parenthetical dates are the year of US release (aka Oscar eligibility).

6/05/2009

The Hangover (2009)

Probably the hardest I've laughed in a movie theater since "There's Something About Mary." It's very funny, but it also manages to be fairly reasonable, if that makes sense. When you find out what's been going on, it's like "Oh, OK. That makes sense," -- well, pretty much anyway. It's completely over-the-top, but the writers seemed to want it plausibly over-the-top and I appreciated the effort.

In my mind, Zach Galifianakis really made the movie as the soon-to-be brother in law tagging along with a tight trio of friends who don't really want him there. He could have been eye-rollingly ridiculous, but he played it just right.

Not a perfect film and I doubt I'll want to see it again, but a really fun night at the movies. Oh, and one more thing, the ending photo montage was shockingly blue.

B+

Labels: , ,