Critical MeMe

Time spent watching films, even crappy ones, is time well-spent.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Oklahoma City, OK, United States
    Post dates are when I watched, parenthetical dates are the year of US release (aka Oscar eligibility).

10/31/2009

Paranormal Activity (2009)

One girl said that she had to keep the TV on all night for almost a week after seeing this. A guy told me he had to leave the theater to calm down and then had a hard time talking himself back into returning. Several people told me they screamed out loud. In short: this was built up so high in my mind that it just didn't stand a chance. It was definitely impressive work for $11,000, but it was supposed to frighten, not impress.

Also, it must be said, that the lead guy in this movie was a complete douche. If I were scared and pleading with Gary...well, I wouldn't even GET to the pleading stage. Sure, sometimes he can be an ass -- as can I -- but definitely not when I'm scared. Any person who doesn't respond with quickness to your genuine fear should be dumped without discussion (or tortured by something paranormal, whichever's handier), in my opinion.

C+

Labels: , , , ,