Critical MeMe

Time spent watching films, even crappy ones, is time well-spent.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Oklahoma City, OK, United States
    Post dates are when I watched, parenthetical dates are the year of US release (aka Oscar eligibility).

11/27/2009

Star Trek (2009)

Even though I'm not -- at all -- a fan of any incarnation of Star Trek, I thought this was actually pretty great. It was obviously an introductory chapter for a franchise, but it still worked well. When I thought about it afterward, I realized that the plot could be easily summed up in just a sentence or two. While that may sound like a complaint, I actually believe that keeping the plot to a minimum and the spectacle at the fore was a smart strategy for bringing newbies in.

I do want to point out that Kirk goes sliding off the edge of something, forced to hang on by his fingertips, THREE DIFFERENT TIMES during this thing. No one involved in the production thought that might be a tad much?

B

Labels: , , , , ,