Critical MeMe

Time spent watching films, even crappy ones, is time well-spent.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Oklahoma City, OK, United States
    Post dates are when I watched, parenthetical dates are the year of US release (aka Oscar eligibility).

1/20/2010

Away We Go (2009)

Young, unconventional couple expecting their first child find themselves untethered and decide to find a new home. The way they go about this is by traveling to stay with various friends and family to see if any of the cities fit.

While I really enjoyed the main couple's dynamic, I was confused as to why most of the people they visited had to be such lunatics. And why the city they liked best with the friends they liked best were rejected simply because the wife was depressed over a recent miscarriage (at least that's how it seemed). I guess I would've appreciated a bit more expository as to why they decided on the home they chose.

Anyway, I liked it better than I thought I would and that's down to the chemistry of the two leads and the "lost but not losers" vibe they generated.

B

Labels: , , , ,