Critical MeMe

Time spent watching films, even crappy ones, is time well-spent.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Oklahoma City, OK, United States
    Post dates are when I watched, parenthetical dates are the year of US release (aka Oscar eligibility).

1/08/2010

High School Musical 3: Senior Year (2008)

A marked improvement over the second installment, but still felt way too TV to be shown in theaters. Zac Efron is adorable...and Vanessa Hudgens still believes she is, which continues to annoy me. I know the two are a real-life couple, but I imagine that's it's much like actual high school. He's there, she's there, they're both cute and the choices are limited so why not? I imagine that as his career grows and hers remains right where it is (eventually culminating in a string of Hallmark movies about a sad but perky widow's dream of finding love again or somesuch), he'll wake up and find a girl more like him -- and by that I mean talented.

And the last number (below) was just hilarious. Basically, "the High School Musical franchise made us and we are, apparently, contractually obligated to never forget that!"


C

Labels: , , ,