Critical MeMe

Time spent watching films, even crappy ones, is time well-spent.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Oklahoma City, OK, United States
    Post dates are when I watched, parenthetical dates are the year of US release (aka Oscar eligibility).

6/24/2010

The Big Kahuna (2000)

A one-set piece with two veteran salesmen and a rookie hanging out in a hotel hospitality suite hoping that their invitation to a bigwig will prove profitable.

Kevin Spacey, as one of the veterans, is very weird here. If this had been the first time I'd seen him, I would have to assume that this was a guy with no future. He was over-the-top in a "look at me in my very first live community theater role" way. Danny DeVito, on the other hand, does a quiet, melancholy job as the other veteran -- he's the best thing in this very small movie.

C

Labels: , , ,