Critical MeMe

Time spent watching films, even crappy ones, is time well-spent.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Oklahoma City, OK, United States
    Post dates are when I watched, parenthetical dates are the year of US release (aka Oscar eligibility).

7/30/2010

The Kids Are All Right (2010)

This is one of those movies that I liked immediately and know that I will only love more with repeated viewings.

There's just so much going on here -- such richness from everyone single one of the five principals. And although no one can be faulted for their acting, Annette Bening just WOWED me. Her temper and pride just a thin sheen over her vulnerability...I mean, seriously. Wow.

The film is just chock-full of moments of beauty and humor that served a story that is both powerful and authentic. A simply terrific film.

A

Labels: , , , , ,