Critical MeMe

Time spent watching films, even crappy ones, is time well-spent.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Oklahoma City, OK, United States
    Post dates are when I watched, parenthetical dates are the year of US release (aka Oscar eligibility).

11/26/2010

Accidental Tourist, The (1988)

I first saw this film in the theaters with Gary back when we were dating and I fell in love with it immediately. Though I've watched it several times since then, it's been at least a dozen years. So I'm delighted to find out that it holds up as more than just a charming memory.

Though it's packed with quirky characters, they never veer into the realm of ridiculous or unbelievable. Revisiting this world of the buttoned-up travel writer and the offbeat woman who saves him from himself was a true pleasure.

A+

Labels: , , , , ,