Critical MeMe

Time spent watching films, even crappy ones, is time well-spent.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Oklahoma City, OK, United States
    Post dates are when I watched, parenthetical dates are the year of US release (aka Oscar eligibility).

11/04/2010

The Eclipse (2010)

The more I think about this one, the more it settles into my bones. So much symbolism and nuance to consider. I loved everything -- even Aidan Quinn's boorish character, which only served to throw a spotlight on Ciaran Hinds' inherent gentlemanliness.

It was so quiet and lovely -- I'm really not sure whether I consider it more of a love or ghost story. Neither of the genres were front and center and there was a general mutedness to everything that really worked. The only problem I had with it is that I wanted it to keep going. I was actually startled when the shot froze and the credits started to roll.

A

Labels: , , , ,