Critical MeMe

Time spent watching films, even crappy ones, is time well-spent.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Oklahoma City, OK, United States
    Post dates are when I watched, parenthetical dates are the year of US release (aka Oscar eligibility).

11/02/2010

Splice (2010)

Much like the scientists did in the story, this film stepped over the line of decency and good taste. I was on board with it for a good while. I understand the kind of need that goes into undertaking an experiment that isn't sanctioned just to see if it can be done. I also understood how, once this hybrid had lived for a while and its humanity started to shine through, it might be impossible to stop -- how it would feel like murder rather than pulling the plug on research.

What I could NOT understand was the human-on-experimental mutant passion. Twice! And the second time incestuous!! And resulting in a PREGNANCY!! My line was so far back that I couldn't even see it by the end of this thing.

C-

Labels: , , , , ,