Critical MeMe

Time spent watching films, even crappy ones, is time well-spent.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Oklahoma City, OK, United States
    Post dates are when I watched, parenthetical dates are the year of US release (aka Oscar eligibility).

7/27/2011

Solitary Man (2010)

Heretofore devoted husband and father, owner of a thriving business based on honesty, chucks it all for a life of hedonism when he finds out he's mortal.

It's an interesting concept that seems to have a hard time letting us beneath the surface of things, but I liked it anyway. I think I mainly liked it because of Michael Douglas's performance. Somehow I understood what he was doing -- even as I disagreed with almost every move he made. I'm not sure I got the intended message, but I got SOME message with some meaning...and that's not half bad.

B

Labels: , , , ,