Critical MeMe

Time spent watching films, even crappy ones, is time well-spent.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Oklahoma City, OK, United States
    Post dates are when I watched, parenthetical dates are the year of US release (aka Oscar eligibility).

1/07/2012

Our Idiot Brother (2011)

Rudd is sweet as the titular brother whose honesty and good-samaritan tendencies land him in jail and then into the homes of his mother and sisters.  He then proceeds to mess up their well-ordered lives with his complete lack of guile.

This is one of those "the screw-up is the only one who actually has his life together" stories.  Of course, I say that and then can't think of a single example of a prior movie that falls in that category -- but I'm sure there is one since it felt like I'd seen this before.

Likable but obvious.

B-

Labels: , , ,