Critical MeMe

Time spent watching films, even crappy ones, is time well-spent.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Oklahoma City, OK, United States
    Post dates are when I watched, parenthetical dates are the year of US release (aka Oscar eligibility).

4/17/2012

The Cabin in the Woods (2012)

Five college kids -- one of each type (slut, jock, etc) -- take a weekend at the titular cabin.  Scary hillbilly encounter?  Check.  Weird/menacing cabin decor?  Check again.  Kids who make decisions that most wouldn't make?  Again we have a check.  But there's a whole 'nother level to this seemingly standard set-up.

I saw this with my sister and liked it much more than she did.  I think perhaps I was primed for it, being a fan of Joss Whedon's Buffy-style danger/humor/darkness.  It just seemed so clever, though I admit that I was ready for it to end way before it actually did.  Probably would've better at a lean 80 minutes.

B

Labels: , ,