Critical MeMe

Time spent watching films, even crappy ones, is time well-spent.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Oklahoma City, OK, United States
    Post dates are when I watched, parenthetical dates are the year of US release (aka Oscar eligibility).

6/06/2012

2001: A Space Odyssey (1968)

Interminable and pretentious.

Pre-human apes find a big black rectangle which, from what I could gather, causes dissonant chords to flow. In the groovy future, people find the big black rectangle way out in space and this time the dissonance is deadly, ya’ll. And then in the dystopian more-future future a robot running a spaceship gets pissy and kills most of the crew...and then the remaining crew member gets ever older in fancy but lonely rooms until he get young. I mean fetus-young. The end.

There.  I just saved you two and a half hours and a headache.

F

Labels: , , , ,